Bushfire Assessments & Reports
BAL Certificates & Reports
If you are planning to build on bushfire prone land, you will need a bushfire attack level (BAL) Certificate or bushfire risk assessment to submit with your application for approval. We assess and report on the BAL for all types of developments including:
- Alterations and additions
- Special Fire Protection Purposes (SFPP)
- Home based childcare
We can carry out a site inspection and provide a report with quick turn-around times!
Preliminary & Pre-Purchase Bushfire Assessments & Advice
We also prepare bushfire risk assessments and reports that are designed to aid in the decision-making process when looking at purchasing or developing land. Our reports address bushfire risk including site positioning and setbacks to vegetation relative to risk. Constructing buildings on bushfire prone land can be costly so you should know the risk prior to making any big decisions!
Bushfire Construction Specifications
Specifying the materials you intend to use to meet bushfire construction standards can be confusing, but it needs to be done to gain approval. We can prepare bushfire construction specifications for your building project in consultation with you, for all risk levels from BAL-12.5 to BAL-Flamezone.
Fees & Charges
BAL Certificates & BAL Reports
- $710.00 – Dwellings including alterations and additions (Eurobodalla only, request fee estimate for other areas)
Pre-Purchase & Preliminary Assessments
- Vacant Land – $610.00 (Eurobodalla only, request fee estimate for other areas)
- Existing Dwelling – $560.00 (Eurobodalla only, request fee estimate for other areas)
Fee estimates are available on request for the following services
- BAL Reports for Subdivision Development Applications.
- Special Fire Protection Purpose Reports.
- Bushfire Construction Specifications.
- BAL Reports for Dual Occupancies and Secondary Dwellings
- BAL Certificates for Home Based Childcare